Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently performed a factory reset of my HP Pavillon model 15-cc563st. For a period of time, the screen had some backlighting, but remained black. After many many attempts, the BIOS finally displayed (although with many graphical glitches) and I tried to recover the BIOS. The screen went black and then briefly there was the HP logo dimly displayed, then it went away. I can no longer access the BIOS and the screen isn't backlit at all anymore. I know for a fact it is not a hardware issue. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @ryan_okirk 

Connect external monitor (vga/hdmi) to check if your graphic card runs fine. I guess your laptop screen backlight is short-circuited.

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

2547CEE0-C8C6-494B-96BB-B70D896BF3B1.jpeg

 Update: it randomly was able to open to this screen after I left it on for a long long time. I thought this would be the end of it, but unfortunately I was wrong. No matter what option I select it turns off, shows the HP logo with a loading animation and then starts right back at the screen in the photo.

HP Recommended

Currently have had this same issue for a week now and have tried everything but nothing seems to work.

HP Recommended

Hello @ryan_okirk 

- edited -

HP Recommended

my brother in christ I already said it's not a hardware issue. I have checked the necessary connections. This problem only arose after I performed a factory reset of the computer. It can only be a software issue.

HP Recommended

Hello @ryan_okirk 

Ok, we start once again ...

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your computer !

You will find this information on the back or side of your computer printed in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

RMN:TPN-Q191 INPUT: 19.5Vdc 2.31A CAN ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) Contains Intel Radio Model: 7265NGW Contains FCC ID: PD97265NG IC: 1000M-7265NG SCT: RCPIN7214-0488 Contiene modulo CNC: C-13275 Made in China www.hp.com HP Pavilion Laptop Model 15-cc563st ProdID 1KU36UA#ABA S/N# [Personal Information Removed] Warranty lylyOy

This is all of the text on the back of the laptop.

Thanks, Ryan

HP Recommended

Hello @ryan_okirk 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.42 Rev.A24.7 MBSep 7, 2021Download

Why ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Please download and install  HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp140001-140500/sp140362.exe

(3) Check your hardware

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors ...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04499777

Watch how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM&ab_channel=HPSupport

Please report your results ( reports, pictures, error messages ... )

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.