Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14 Laptop (30J32AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, and please excuse the vague title.

Hopefully this'll be easy enough to understand-- I got a new motherboard for a computer I'm working with and all goes well until I try to boot into Windows. The laptop detects the SSD and everything, but I'll see the spinning dots for about 30 seconds before it crashes with the stop code INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The Reset option isn't available from System Recovery, and I've even tried accessing the system recovery options from a Windows installation USB, still no luck.

I'm aware of the HP Cloud Recovery Tool, but it only lists Windows 11 as an operating system image, and I don't want to install Windows 11 on this computer.

I should probably also mention that the SSD is coming from a computer with an 8th gen Intel Core i3 processor (the new one is an 11th gen Core i3). Could it be that the boot loader can't find the right drivers for 11th gen processors? If that is the case, how do I go about installing them from outside of Windows (i.e. Recovery Environment)?

Any and all help with this issue is very much appreciated, and thank you all in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @mrjoey98 

Please tell me the full product name and product number (p/n) of your notebook. You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small letters.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

@ub6424 Okay, I just messaged you.

HP Recommended

The laptop's full product name is HP Laptop 14-dq2053cl and the product number is 50V33UA.

HP Recommended

Hello @mrjoey98 

If you are an absolute beginner I would not recommend the following instructions:

Guide:

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/fix-inaccessible-boot-device-bsod

Do you have really important and private data on your SSD drive ?

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.