Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop won't startup

Hp pavilion beats
My Laptop says. Install operating system on your hard disk. I tried doing system diagnostic but still wont work.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
137 136 3 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop won't startup

Hello Rbegay987,

Can you tell me, what diagnostic tool have you been performing the test with? Did you try an HP specific one or you made the test with third party software?
Probably you have already done it, but just in case you haven't, an advice: when you try to boot the laptop, please check if the hard drive is in the first place in the Boot priority in the BIOS. If it's not, you have to manually adjust it.
If you have the option, I suggest you to take the drive out of the laptop and to test it on another PC as an external. You could do that by connecting the HDD with a SATA-USB adaptor or an external case. Please, beware to do that only if the warranty of your lapop has expired, otherwise you would void the warranty.

Hope I gave you some ideas. Cheers.

Western Digital representative
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation