Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp elite book 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a laptop that since morning has been working well but later on it displayed a message on the screen that it had a problem and would restart on it own....i waited but it never did so. I switched it on but it did not display anything on the screen...the only action i see is the background lights on the keyboard and the power button coming on but the screen remains black...the caps and numlock buttons do not light...the background lights then disappear after some seconds then they come on again...it has been doing the same thing for hours without any progress...i really need help guys

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Try the following steps: Press the power button. When the CAPSLOCK / NUMLOCK button starts flashing, press and hold ESC + UP ARROW + DOWN ARROW at the same time for 1 second. When the system BIOS starts to recover, the charge LED turns white and then turns yellow, and then starts blinking. Wait 30 seconds to complete the recovery. Restart your computer. Press the ESC key on the HP login screen. Enter the F10 setup menu and load the BIOS default settings. Make sure the BIOS data recovery policy is set to automatic. Save your changes, exit the F10 setup menu, and restart your computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.