Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all!

I was watching a YouTube video on my laptop with the battery at 50-something percent, and the screen just turned off. I tried moving the mouse, but nothing happened. The video kept playing in the background, and I could pause /play it using the keyboard. 

Now, when I force restart the laptop, everything else works, the fans run, the caps light turns on and off with the button, the keyboard RGB all work, it even plays the startup sound, but the screen remains off. It won't turn on. I've tried force-restarting it, but no luck. 

Note: the screen isn't on but black, it's completely off. This happened suddenly and without warning. At the time of use, I had a mouse, my earphones and my phone plugged into the laptop. I have removed all the peripherals and tried restarting. Nothing. 

Please help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.