Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce3504na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was forced to hard reset my laptop today when it became unresponsive and since then, I've been receiving a hard disk 3F0 error. I've tried doing the storage tests on the PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI and both of them say "no storage installed", and I've also tried both hard drive tests, which both say:

SMART Check: PASSED

Long DST: NOT AVAILABLE

They both complete instantly after selecting them from the menu.

I also looked at the BIOS Setup Utility and found that under Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, there's only "Incomplete Optane Volume" which is listed as 27.2GB in size (the actual size of the solid state drive is around 512GB). Has my SSD been corrupted or will it need servicing to resolve this issue? I'll be grateful for any solutions offered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bilet You could ask them to send a replacement hard drive, so you can replace it on your own, rather than shipping the computer away for a repair,

I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Bilet please follow the below steps to identify and resolve this concern:

Step 1: Perform a hard reset

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

Step 2: Restore BIOS default setting

Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (In your case, Skip to Step 4

Step 4: Reseat the hard drive (here's a video that shows how to re-seat the drive: Click here)

Step 5: If the tests pass, Perform an HP System Recovery

(If none of the above actions resolved the error condition, back up your personal data) and then perform an HP System Recovery on the notebook:

Click here for instructions.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried resetting the BIOS settings and I received the same error, and I am unable to reseat the hard drive as it is an M.2 SSD that's screwed onto the motherboard and I cannot remove the screw. I suspect that the SSD may have been corrupted when I was forced to reset it, and I don't know if I'm able to recover the data from it.

I also contacted HP Support about this and they said they need to pick up the computer for repair.

I'd be grateful for any alternative solutions offered.

HP Recommended

@Bilet You could ask them to send a replacement hard drive, so you can replace it on your own, rather than shipping the computer away for a repair,

I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. The laptop uses an M.2 SSD that's screwed onto the motherboard and I cannot remove it with the screwdrivers I've got; can you suggest an suitable one to use?

HP Recommended

@Bilet

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct the local service center for repair. They will help you.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. I contacted HP's UK customer support and they said they don't offer replacement SSDs to the user, so they'll have it picked up for repair this Tuesday, but I do appreciate the suggestions I was given. 

HP Recommended

@Bilet That's good, they should be able to fix this once and for all,

If you need anything else, do let us know and I wish you good luck, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.