Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP LAPTOP 15S-FQ1029NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop worked until last night, but this morning it does not turn on even though the power supply led is on.
I have tried all the solutions proposed on the site, but to no avail.
I think I need to send it to HP to check it out.
I look forward and thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have asked for an HP Moderator to give you some assistance.

Here is a hyperlink which goes to contact options for HP Italy

https://www8.hp.com/it/it/contact-hp/contact.html

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sometimes a Windows 10 notebook won't turn on because Windows did not shut down cleanly. 

I have experienced that occasionally with my Spectre x360-13t-ap0690nd notebook.

Take a close look at the screen when you turn it on and listen closely.

Is the screen very dimly, but uselessly, lit? Do you hear the sound of a fan, even if only for a brief moment?

When it won't start up, press and hold the power button until it shuts down. This may take fifteen to twenty seconds.

Once it shuts down, press the power button to turn it on again and pay close attention to the display.

You may see a message in seriously tiny font that says Windows did not shut down cleanly. If you are seeing the message, Windows 10 is likely to reconstruct its Metadata cache and start up, if you force a shutdown as I have described.

WindowsDNSC.png

I tried many things to attempt a solution of this issue, short of performing a recovery. 

I did create an HP Cloud recovery 32 GB USB 3.1 flash drive in case I get too frustrated about this.

I have tried methods you may have never heard of.

I used the DISM tool recovery methods and the SFC (system file checker) tool. Both are part of Windows, but few people know that they exist.

I ran all of the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.

None of the diagnostics showed there were issues present, but the issue is still present.

The issue I have is clearly a but in one of the Windows 10 updates.

The only way I know that will definitely solve this is if I perform a clean install of Windows 10.

You stated that you have tried all of the solutions. Have you?  What exactly have you tried?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The Notebook doesn't want to power up.

No noises, no lights, nothing at all.

Tested with another power adapter, but the only light that is on is the led placed closed to the power cord.

I think can be the battery or the motherboard.

Waiting for a reply, best regards.

HP Recommended

A hard shutdown as I described should shut even that LED off.

If you are not willing to try any troubleshooting, then the forum certainly can't do much for you.

Is the notebook still in warranty?

If it is, contact HP Italy directly to arrange for a warranty repair.

HP Recommended

Thank You for Your help.

I would like contact the HP, but I don't found the way.

Where can I found the phone number for Italian support?

HP Recommended

2 days ago, mine crashed too, and is exhibiting the same behavior. Light blinks at me, but PC won't even try. 

HP Recommended

I have asked for an HP Moderator to give you some assistance.

Here is a hyperlink which goes to contact options for HP Italy

https://www8.hp.com/it/it/contact-hp/contact.html

HP Recommended

Thank You very much for the support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.