Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hi!

I spilled juice on my desk and the juice traveled to the bottom left of my laptop where the vents are. I powered it off immediately and unplugged it. The battery was not attached to the laptop at that time. After wiping away the liquid on the case with tissue and a bit of isopropyl alcohol, I opened up the bottom and inspected to see if there was any leakage. There was no liquid found inside the laptop. To be sure, It's now drying in front of a fan. Any recommendations or advice to possibly salvage my laptop?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Katara93

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about liquid spilled on your laptop and wanted to help.

Best thing to do right now is NOT turn on the laptop.

Here are some steps you should take:  You Just Spilled Water Or Coffee On Your Laptop - Here's What You Should Do

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
I'll be turning it on after 24 hours like what the article says. How bad of damage do you think the juice spill caused?
HP Recommended

Short of completely disassembling it, inspecting every surface, and cleaning each one --there's no way to really tell.

The problem is that if anything in the liquid is conductive, then even after the liquid dries, it can still short out components on the motherboard -- and that will completely trash the PC.

So, simply waiting is not necessarily going to prevent a shorting-out problem.

You could have it disassembled and inspected, but that is going to be very expensive, possible more than replacing the laptop.

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.