07-15-2019 05:51 AM
MS Office 365
Old email and forgot password, so I can't even sign into the notebook. Please help me.
07-15-2019 07:50 AM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.
Please, read the Community TKB article about this and follow the steps >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Forgotten-or-unknown-password-Can-HP-help-me-...
If this is related to your Windows login, consider full Windows reinstallation >>
The permanent (or long lasting) solution is to reinstall Windows and to perform clean Windows installation.
Currently, your PC has a recovery partition which can be used to reinstall Windows or for recovery purposes but it takes a lot of time. By reinstalling Windows 10, you can even delete the built-in partition and gain some 8-10 GB space extra.
This is the fastest, cheapest (free) and easiest solution - not difficult - here are instructions >>
Windows reinstallation / clean installation :
- You can directly download Windows 10 ISO from MS site or download >> Media creation tool from Microsoft site, create installation DVD or installation USB and proceed with clean installation/reinstallation.
Make sure you select the proper version (64 bit / Home)
Media Creation tool will always provide you with the latest Windows version/build - now 1903 update.
- When download completes, you will need to write the ISO image and boot from a bootable media. You will need a blank USB pendrive (min 8 GB capacity). Use the media creation tool
When ready with the USB drive:
Please, shutdown the computer using the power button.
Insert the Windows USB thumb drive prepared previously
Power on the PC.
As soon as you press the power-on button, start hitting the Esc button repeatedly (like tap-tap-tap).
This should open a HP Startup Menu
Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the USB thumb drive as a boot option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10. Perform clean installation/custom installation (not repair).
Delete all existing partitions and install Windows on Disc 0 Unallocated space
- After successful Windows installation, use the option to CREATE A LOCAL ACCOUNT. Do not use the online/email/Microsoft account.
- Connect to a wi-fi network and update Windows immediately - this will update Windows but it will also install drivers for this device to enable/active the hardware
- Make sure Windows is Activated by going to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Activation
Hope this works for you. Let me know how it goes and if this helped.
Let me know how it goes.
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe