Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
gandalfthewhite Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Locked out of bios after secure boot disabled

Zbook g3 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have secure boot enabled and running win 10n ent. ed. When I disable secure boot and select legacy enabled, The machine asks me for a 4 digit code then it restarts. But when it restarts it stays at the press the esc key to startup menu. I press the key many times but nothing is happening. This has happenned on a few different models of 15 and 17 and bios 9, 10,and 11. Is there a trick to get passed this screen? I unplugged the battery and held the power down for almost a minute but no change. This is a huge issue as we use a usb device to hold backups so I need to boot to this usb device and I cannot change the secure boot with out locking the machine. Please let me know if you know of a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation