Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion

My warranty just so happened to expire last week. So yesterday there was an update, I installed it, prompted to log in with password and said that my password, that I have written down, is the wrong password. Then I selected to log in using my Microsoft login and still it says that this login info is incorrect, but I go to another computer and use the same login info and it lets me in. So now I cannot get into my laptop. I have had problem after problem with this laptop ever since I purchased it and zero help resolving these issues from HP. I can tell you if I don’t get this resolved I WONT be buying HP again.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Tincup321,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What update did you install on the computer?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I purchased this computer from an HP dealer on Amazon this year, I believe January and was under the impression it was new. Have had nothing but issues ranging from being very slow to the Bluetooth won’t connect to the webpage just changing on me. There were other issues too, they got corrected when I sent it in to get fixed.

it was a Windows update and I haven’t added any software or hardware changes. That’s the whole reason I had to purchase this computer. The HP laptop I had before this one was GREAT, but the charging port came loose so I bought a new one and replaced it. Unfortunately I touched the motherboard and fried it.

Here is some information (email) where you should be able to look up everything about the computer 

Dear Mr/Ms Van Cleve,

Thank you for contacting HP Support.  This email confirms your request for service; the details of your Case are below.

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email.  It is sent from an unmonitored automatic service.  

Case number: [Personal Information Removed]

Product Description:

Product Number:

Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]

Case Subject: System performance

Problem Description: PN 5ZCO6UA#ABA, SN [Personal Information Removed], very slow, constantly buffering even when just opening a new email. Colors are anything but vivid more like dull and background is grayish not black at all. There are times when the screen will be covered in a still frame of snow but the colors are very tiny and are red, blue, green white. Also there are times when I shut the computer down an error message appears but goes away so quick ZI cant read it.

Portal Case URL: N/A

For all your product support needs, please visit support.hp.com and select your product or support option. 

Yours Sincerely,

HP Inc

HP Recommended

Oh and yes I looked up solutions to the problem, I shut the computer down several times, restarted it several times and while it booted up I help the shift key and tapped the on/off button. I also during boot up held the shift key and hit F11. 

not of it helped 

HP Recommended

@Tincup321

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine on the computer.

Follow the steps in the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, that is what I thought would work.

But I can not log in to even use my computer. It says my password has expired, I’m guessing that is my Windows password because I turned off the password/pin option that your prompted for whenever you turn the computer on or wake up. 

so it wanted me to use my password, log in & change my password. But when I put in my Windows password it says that it’s not the right password.  Now when I first got the computer I did create a password for the computer and one for HP assistant. I have all these passwords written down, you have to with as many passwords one has. None of them worked.

I went online with my phone, logged on to Windows and my HP accounts and changed my passwords, still does not work. I’m telling you this computer has done weird stuff ever since I got it.

its been the worst $500 I’ve ever spent

HP Recommended

@Tincup321

Follow the steps in the below article and perform an HP cloud recovery on the computer. This will restore the computer back to it's original factory settings.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The_Fossette - maybe I haven’t been clear. 

I

Can’t

Log

Into

My

Computer

Your repeated suggestion to restore the computer to a date prior to the Windows update would be an excellent option...

IF I COULD GET INTO THE COMPUTER. 

Now, maybe you’re reading off an HP Employee script, but now is the time for you to step outside that box. I need REAL help, from someone willing to take the information I’ve given REPEATEDLY and apply their OWN expertise and knowledge. If you don’t have that, then pass me along to someone who does. 

Try again, please. 

HP Recommended

@Tincup321

You don't need to log in to the computer to perform a recovery. The recovery is performed outside Windows. Please read the instructions in the article carefully and download the recovery image for your computer onto a USB flash drive and install the operating system.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Once again, this is not a viable solution. It is still requiring a password to complete the system restore. A password that doesn’t exist! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.