cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
BeshoyShenouda
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Memory Test Failed

HP Recommended
probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello
My laptop was keeping restarting on its own without any warning or anything
so i tried to reinstall my windows 7 ultimate 64bit version
but it shows the error 0x80070570
and when i checked the ,e,pry using the HP Basic System Diagnostics
it shows the following message

Memory Test : FAILED
FAILURE ID : 0LKT02-000ALU-QFPK1A-W07003

PRODUCT ID : C5E12ES#ABV

Unknown

so please help me with that issue because when i checked the hard desk ... it passed
Is there any problem with the RAM in my laptop or what?

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,482 65,046 22,087 34,010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

One of the memory chips need to be replaced. 

If your notebook only has one memory chip, you will need to replace it so you can get the notebook to work again.

If your notebook has two memory chips remove one and see if the notebook works with the remaining one.

If you still get the memory error, then remove that chip and replace it with the 1st one you removed.

The PC should work, and then you can replace the defective memory chip.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure...

c03758231.pdf (hp.com)

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation