Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce0034ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Recently i was bummed about my new laptop, because sometimes, when I close it, like any other laptop, it doesn't stay in sleeping mode. At some point it just crashes, and when I open it, I see a message: 

"the operating system did not shutdown cleanly.
Reconstructing cache Metadata.
Please do not interrupt this process."

Everytime this process ends successfully, it just really pisses me off that I can't left any programms running when closing my laptop. What's the purpose of mobility then, if all you data disapperars?!

I'm aware that this might be caused by some bugs in Intel Rapid Technology, so I turned it off in BIOS, but the problem still happens. 

My PC also contains that Optane memory unit, and I wonder if it also part of the issue (maybe it supposd to work with Intel Rapid Technology?)

I also thought about reinstalling win10, or maybe checking the hard drive, but I'm not sure which should be done first. 

Backing up 200gb of data before reinstalling OS sounds painful, but if It'll definetely help, I'll do it

I appoligize for my angry tone, I'm just really tired, I hope I didn't offend anyone.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@whyme13,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try to run an extensive system test from F2

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.

When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are

shown on the screen.

6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it

available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in

Test Logs on the main menu.

If the test fails then I would suggest this could be a possible hardware failure. 

If the test passes, I would suggest you run a sfc /scannow on your computer. 

In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the /.
Press Enter and wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.
When scanning is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer and check the performance.
If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, go to the next step.
If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files; then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.
In Windows, open a web browser.
   NOTE:
You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.
In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each / in the command line.
Press Enter and wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.
If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

Once done, restart the computer and then download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant using this link. 

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer, you gave me a hint in what I should do next! Just like you suggested, I tested my system, but unfortunately the test didn’t show me the exact problem. For some reason it stated something like “Hard disc optimized dst check not available”. And I wonder if I should continue with healing my hard drive with specialized software?

I also put the photo of completed test (but it’s in russian, it says “successful” everywhere except «Оптимизированный DST жесткого диска» which is exactly Hard disc optimized DST check 

maybe it’s just a testing function that is unavailable?

If so, should I continue with sfc /scannow ?CF6BE2E3-D446-49C1-8650-C429AF1642D6.jpeg

HP Recommended

@whyme13,

The hard drive seems to be on its last legs and may have run its course.

If you have run a quick test, I would suggest you run an extensive test on the hard drive. 

Please note, If you're able to boot the computer then I would suggest here is to backup all your important before the hard drive goes bad. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for staying in contact!

That's pretty strange, considering the fact that this laptop is 8 month old.

Would you suggest to change the hard drive?

by the way the laptop is still on its' warranty

As I followed the steps that were listed by you in previous , the problem was only solved for week, than it occured today again.

HP Recommended

@whyme13,

I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.