Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
14-FQ0010CA
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I just got my HP 14-FQ0010CA laptop in the box today. When I ordered online it showed Windows 10. However when I got it came with Windows 10 S. I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 by a USB key. However when I select boot options it only shows UEFI or Boot from file. I entered the BIOS and disabled Secure Boot but there is no option for Legacy Boot. I see the list below for boot order for USB drives but every time I restart the laptop it does not show USB drive.

I did some research online and was advised the BIOS may need be reprogrammed. It came with F.31. First thing I did when I got laptop was upgrade to F.33. I then down graded to 1.16 to see if Legacy was in the original BIOS.

If anyone can give me suggestions on this be great. It does have the eMC chip of 64GB where Windows is installed and down road if I get a M.2 drive installed will need know how to get windows booted from a USB drive.

Model is 14-FQ0010CA.

P/N 10M49UA#ABL

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Looks like downgrading the BIOS allowed the laptop to boot from my drive 🙂 

Be great to know if there is a way to have this working on the newer BIOS of F.31/33.

HP Recommended

@p1ldob04

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.