1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Motherboard HP ENVY 17-j108tx Notebook PC

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j108tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Gladiators,

Need some advice on my Lappy which has basically died with no power to boot up. I have tested the power adapter with a multimeter and its pushing 19+v. i had checked the battery as well for power and that is fine with a multimeter. I had to open up the Laptop and test the power going to the mother board. That was as well pushing 19+v. I have tried to reset the ram as well and the dual hdd. I have run out of easy ideas to fix. My only assumption or guess really is that the motherboard has run its course and has died. Any logical suggestion would be greatly accepted.

In the meantime, would a new motherboard or a motherboard of the same type of Lappy be on the market to purchase.

Thanks in advance

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation