Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ58

So I needed a pc and found a one that was left in an ecological island,and when I came home,I tried to boot it up,and it wasnt wotking,then I managed to turn it on makong contact to the power button connector ( the connector was probably not working) ,then the internal keyboard wasnt working so I connected and external one,and it worked!The problem was that it didnt boot up from the hard disk displaying the error:no device boot found.I tried several ways to boot it up and it didnt work.

Then i bought an external hdd reader but when i tried to change the boot order,the keyboard wasnt working amymore.

First,dont tell me that if I found in in the dumbster (idk how to write it cause im italian) means that it was there cause it didnt work,my goal is to make this pc work because I dont have one and I need it really much,second the keyboard works,third I accidentally broke the usb hub so i tried to use the mb usb but it didnt work,third,the specs are:

E1-1500 AMD

8 gb original hp cq58 ram

And for the rest u can find infos on internet or ask to me here.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@illusiongame19 

IF this was mine, my immediate focus would be to find out what hardware still works on this 2013-era laptop.  You already know the keyboard is bad; you need to know what else is too so you know what has to be replaced to get this working.

If you CAN, to find out the problem, you would need to be able run hardware diagnostics by pressing the Esc key repeatedly and then, when the HP Startup Menu appears, select Diagnostics (usually F2) and let it run.

You might not be able to do that, because the PC BIOS might not read the external keyboard properly to allow you to do that.

If you can NOT do that, or if that does not work, then there is NOTHING more you can do by yourself -- and there is NOTHING we can do because we have no way of accessing your PC from here to run diagnostics or repair hardware.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks,I'll try to use the internal keyboard,also my idea is to (first try to update the bios) buy a mini pci-e to usb adapter because maybe this will actually work (if the usb ports won't work).For the rest I'm pretty sure the internal keyboard still works but I have to find the way,even because I see the wifi f12 led in orange.

HP Recommended

@illusiongame19 

The WiFi LED in orange means the internal WiFi is disabled.  Some laptops have switches on the sides or back that you slide to enable/disable the WiFi.  You need to check your laptop for that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.