Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
handstich Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My 11-r015wm (ENERGY STAR power light on Black Screen

11-r015wm (ENERGY STAR
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Notebook today started restarting and just stayed there. Now it is Black with the power light on.

I have looked everywhere and the stuff says do a hard set. This is an non removable battery. The HP video doesn't show

this model. I have tried pressing and holding the power butten down but nothing is working.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My 11-r015wm (ENERGY STAR power light on Black Screen

Hi @hanstich,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when you powered on your notebook, it went into a reboot loop and now you have a black / blank screen with the power light on. You do not have a removal battery, so from the video, you were unsure of how to do a hard reset. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. Please see the section on "Reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery"  If the issue remains, here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8) as a guide. Please let me know the results.

To express appreciation for my post please click the “Thumbs Up Icon”.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation