Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 14" x360 Chromebook
Chrome OS

Hi There;

Usually when I'm needing to pause what I'm doing on my Chromebook 14 x360 -da0021nr I can just close the lid and open it again when I come back and resume what I was doing. However, sometimes I just get a black screen when I open the lid. I then have to power off by pushing in the power button on the left side of the Chromebook for about 30 seconds and then I press it again to turn it on again. Shouldn't my Chromebook light up when I simply open the lid?

Also, I haven't been able to figure out why there's a lock key on the far right of my keyboard in the place where most other Chromebooks have of a power button. (On this Chromebook the power button is found along the left edge.) I never seem to have a need to use this key, as I wouldn't want to accidentally lock my screen and not be able to unlock it again. But I wonder what would happen if I tried pressing it whenever I open the lid and find a black screen.

I'm very interested in hearing what those of you with knowledge on this subject have to tell me! ~ Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Coleyna, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The below link contains a self-help document.

Link:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04244478

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Coleyna, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The below link contains a self-help document.

Link:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04244478

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

For the sake of others, I'm putting the other link you sent to me in a private message as the solution, rather than the link in your first reply. 

"As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer."

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.