DeanDeLisle
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

My Envy wont shut off - power light on screen black

HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my screen went black, power light and fan on, all locked up and wont shut down. No removable battery? help!

4 REPLIES 4
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,127 1,959 2,605
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DeanDeLisle

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not shutting down.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer shutting down when you press and hold the power button?

Is the computer booting to Windows?

If the computer is not booting to Windows, then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DeanDeLisle
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for your response,sorry this was in spam.

It happens now once/twice a week in the middle of zoom meetings, also it disconnects from the internet several times a day, even when hard lined.

Also when it locks up I have to let the power run down before I can turn off, this was purchased in August - very frustrating. 

Dean

DeanDeLisle
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just followed all of the remotely relevant steps to scan my pc from your forums, ran every diagnostic test that was available and still not sure if it fixes because it randomly shuts down. I cannot afford to have my computer randomly decide to take a nap when I am on investor calls all day. 

It boots to windows fine. It just randomly will go blank and the power button will stay on while the screen is black but still backlit. I don't think that it has anything to do with booting to windows, it seems more like a hardware issue because of the sound that comes out of the laptop when the error occurs. 

I can usually get it to reboot by just holding down the power button until it actually turns off. However, it is kind of messed up that I have had back to back issues on my last 2 HP laptops. Considering I'm dropping $900+ per laptop and it crashes during Zoom meetings for work. Simple tasks that my chromebook handles fine (which is also an HP). In addition, my windows 8 HP tower that I upgraded to Windows 10 can handle these simple tasks. 

On the low end of the spectrum, only counting these last two HP computers, I have easily spent $1800 and never needed support until the last laptop reached 2 years old and this laptop got to less than 6 months. So for $1800 and never needing HP support, I would like someone to fix this issue, point me in the right direction or contact me. Please do not send me to another thread or forum. If I sound frustrated, I apologize, its only because I spend that amount on the 2 computers  only to have it be outperformed by a $300 Chromebook and crash twice a week. 

Thank you!

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,127 1,959 2,605
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DeanDeLisle

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation