05-19-2017 09:22 AM
05-19-2017 09:49 AM
Its normally the Charger of the laptop or the Power input jack is bad
The LED flashing three times just means that it knows that there is a battery there, but it doesn't have enough power to run the laptop.
Your battery has died because your power cord has not been supplying power to your PC. You would not be aware at this point that the laptop was running from the battery. The battery has just run out of charge.
The best thing would be to do is see if anyone has a battery like yours and try it with the new battery fully charged.
You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.
It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.
You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
05-19-2017 10:31 AM
1. The cord was shown to not charge on the laptop before it went. Last night the battery operated and was charging fine. 2. The cord is brand new and shows no singhs of damage or overheating. 3. The led light is not flashing in groups of 3, it is flashing continuously. Which is distinctly different from the light pattern I had before on the same machine
Right now I'm going to try and run down problems and prove that the charge is not the problem.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)