Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Ever since I got this laptop it has been either restarting on its own, freezing which forces me to shut it off and turn it back on, and crashing which glitches the screen out. I have pictures of the glitched screen

The restarting is the most common thing, 7/10 times it will just turn itself off and restart on its own, Ive tried turning this off in the settings and this still didn’t work. This can happen while playing games or even just being on chrome watching YouTube or looking on Amazon. Very common.  

The crashing usually happens 2/10 times and I’ll be usually be playing a game. I haven’t had this happen while on chrome or anything. The laptop just freezes and the screen glitches. 

The other 1/10 time it just freezes the screen and I have to restart it. 

Some notes:

-Minecraft is the only game I can play without any of this happening for some reason 90% of the time it doesn’t happen on Roblox but it’s happened before

-link to exact computer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P2WWK4G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

-The games I’ve tried playing on it has been fortnite, stranded deep, portal 2, and resident evil 7 demo. I haven’t tried much else because I’m sure it will still crash

-while playing these games, even with the graphics all the way up the games run very smooth, with no problems whatsoever besides the restarting/crashing

-I don’t think it’s a overheating problem because it will happen sometimes 30 seconds into starting a game and sometimes 15 minutes or so

-I’ve tried re installing drivers, messing with auto-restart settings, even updating BIOS. Nothings worked.

I spent a lot on this laptop and had been waiting so long to get one to play with my friends and I can’t get it to stop. 

Edit: gonna try GTAV

crashing photos:

https://imgur.com/a/afyigsH

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EloniBaloni wrote:

... -Minecraft is the only game I can play without any of this happening for some reason 90% of the time it doesn’t happen on Roblox but it’s happened before

@EloniBaloni 

That explains nothing wrong with your machine, only it is a bit weak. I still believe that is due to heat. Please try

https://www.gamingscan.com/how-to-keep-your-laptop-cool-while-gaming/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I really don’t think it is because not only do I play with a cookie rack under my computer to keep it ventilated well but I usually have a fan pointing at me and my computer at the same time. Plus whenever I play a game it usually just restarts 15 seconds into opening the game up and there’s no heat coming from my laptop anywhere. 

if it’s not a heating problem what other problem do you think it could be?

HP Recommended

I’ve heard that it could be something to do with ram?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.