Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre X360 convertible is overheating with high degree of battery power loss. The system goes off oftenly.  The extreme overheating is a big concern to me. The fast going down of battery disrupt my work greatly.

What should I do to get my system back on track as before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

in your post you stated that the computer had previously been running cool. So I can help you better could you please answer all of the questions below.

1.) Have you recently made any changes to your computers hardware or software in any way?

2.) Have you ran a virus scan or malware scan using an antivirus program or something like malwareybytes, if not please try to run one?

3.) How long does the computer stay on for? Also if possible could you download HWmonitor link here once downloaded take a screenshot of main screen and upload here so we can see how hot your computers getting and other details?

PS: once you have  clicked on the URL be sure to select the download URLS from the right hand side of the page your looking for the one labelled download@authors site.

Once we have this information we should be able to help

Many thanks,

James

HP Recommended

Image4_HP.png

HP Recommended

Image2_HP.png

HP Recommended

Hi there,

The main problem is the CPU is running very hot but looking at the second screenshot it's running at 100% capacity. Did you run the virus scan i asked? What other programs did you have running at the time?

Many thanks,

James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.