Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (395 Views)

My HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx on 3rd MAy 2015 the expiry ended 1 year later. it was working perfectly but one week after Warrenty expired it stopped working no 'charging light' not getting switched on,nothing.It is such a premium product and the quality is so questionable. I need to travel to US and need to handle a lot of things simulatniously please help me out.

Recreate situation:

I was working on my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx and  the battery got discharged and it won't turn on.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (370 Views)

Re: My HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx

Hi @akshay_bhan,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx Notebook not turning on. Try performing a hard reset. Please note the section on Reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (358 Views)

it is not working.now the battery is not charging.There is no power.I got it checked from an Authorized service centre the motherboard is burnt from inside.It is so perturbing that a premium product is getting burned. I never expected this .Please let me know what should i do next.I dont want to pay i have payed so much on this laptop already.I have taken utter care f the laptop.Please give me a solution ASAP.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (354 Views)

Hi @akshay_bhan,

I have escalated your issue to the appropriate team.

Please take a moment to read HP’s Privacy Policy at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Intern
Message 5 of 6 (318 Views)

I have the same problem.  Was yours still under waranty?  If not, how much did you end up paying?

I agree this is an expensive laptop and for it to fail this soon tells a lot about HP's design choices.

Intern
Message 6 of 6 (294 Views)

To All,

If you are having this problem, chances are, the problem is the power connector broke inside the laptop. The power connector is poorly designed.  It's only being held by 1 screw on one side to hold it.  As such, when you insert the power plug in and out, the whole unit moves until it breaks the wires.

Here's the part you'll need.  P/N: 801513-001

DSC_0019.jpg

You can get one from eBay.

HP needs to fire the designer of this laptop.  It's so sad to see a $1,300 laptop inoperable because of poor design.  How much does it cost HP to fix these under warranty?  How much is the cost to the consumers if out of warranty?  Goodwill cost?  HP's reputation for having poor quality laptops?  A LOT!  It could have been designed much better without additional cost.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation