Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)

My HP Spectre x360 turned off and now, I'm not able to charge it.

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday, I was  watching some videos on Youtube when my Spectre x360 suddenly turned off by itself without giving notice of low battery (which it always does). Then, I tried to plug it in to charge and nothing happened. After that, I noticed that the bottom felt a little bit hotter than usual so I decided to leave it aside for two hours and then came back to it. While off, I put it to charge and the litle LED next to the "power receiver" light up (and I was happy again). However, I turned the laptop on and it was about 45% of charge and after half an hour charging it was still the same. So even though, the laptop shows that it's charging, I think the battery is not getting any charge at all. The warranty expired on 6/22/2016 (Yep, just 7 days ago) and I don't really know what to do now. I came to this forum and it seems others have had the same issue which points to a failed motherboard. Now I'm very dissapointed since this is the laptop I use for my college work and given how much I spent on it I thought it was going to be somewhat durable. If this is a known issue, is there anything else I can do?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 5 (205 Views)

Re: My HP Spectre x360 turned off and now, I'm not able to charge it.

Hey @uzluisf,

Thanks for reaching out on the HP Support Forums!

I see you're experiencing power and overheating issues with your Spectre x360.  I can help and I'd like to start with the following documents:

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Let me know if these helped.  If not, I may need to know a little more information about your system.

Actions speak louder than words, please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as solved. It only takes a second to click the Accept as Solution button.

RedViking6
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (203 Views)

Thanks a lot for the documents. However, the first document is aimed for laptops with removable batteries (mine is not removable or at least, I cannot access it without unscrew it the bottom part). In the other hand, the fan of my laptop is not really noisy and I can hardly hear it at all. Yesterday, I tried to charge it while it was off but nothing happened after 45 minutes. It still had the same charge. When charging while on, I can see the charging animation and its icon but nothing happens at all (The battery level stays the same). The laptop is at 29% now and I can try to get the system info while it's still on!

Thanks again!
Retired
Message 4 of 5 (197 Views)

Hi again,

Verifying the power supply was an important step.  You can skip the second section since you can't remove the battery.  Try this:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

If this doesn't work or you get an error/no sign of improvement, you'd need to contact phone support:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

RedViking6
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (191 Views)

I tried to calibrate the battery and it passed the test. Unfortunately, it's not true because the battery is discharging but I'm not able to charge it back though. Kind of annoyed now! Thanks for your help any I'll complete the form and see what happens!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation