10-20-2019 01:28 PM
I need to figure out how to get this HP Stream-11-y020wm to boot to windows past the HP Logo before it restarts and shows HP logo again can it be reset please !!!?
10-22-2019 04:38 PM
@haroldshaffer55 Welcome to HP Community!
Let's start with the power reset (no data loss), it only helps release static electricity that could be causing issues like the one you have:
Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.
Once done, restore the BIOS to factory defaults using the below steps:
1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, I recommend enabling the Fast Start-Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do a link on the left side.
3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
5. Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
6. Restart the computer.
Keep us posted. Although, I hope that answers your query,
If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow,
And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.
Have a great day ahead.
I am an HP Employee