07-02-2013 05:12 PM
07-03-2013 07:56 AM
It sounds like you may have a bad hard drive. Test it by running a Hard Drive Self Test.
Power up the notebook, tap the F10 key on startup, and at the BIOS Setup Screen, select Diagnostics >> Primary Hard Drive Self Test.
Let the Short and Long Test complete. If you receive any error with the test, that would confirm a Hard Drive failure.
What is your product number?
07-03-2013 03:12 PM
07-03-2013 03:22 PM
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)