Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Harrydata Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Hp 15-d020dx touchsmart notebook won't start when i press the power button but the batterycharges

Hp 15-d020dx touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i Was working with SPSS 20.0 when i had to stepout for a short meeting. My Hp 15-d020dx notebook (Energy star) battery went completely dead after I returned. i tried to charge it after some time. The battery was charging normally with battery light just by the AC adapter port working on. i tried to start the computer while the battery was charging. the computer won't start. i tried serveral times and it is till stone cold. however, when i press the power button, the power light just by the hard disk light on the right side of the computer comes on for some seconds but goes off again. i tried the hard resert by removing the batter and it still can't come on. mean while the computer has power supply and now the battery is fully charged. can anybody help, i beg

THANK YOU

8 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Hp 15-d020dx touchsmart notebook won't start when i press the power button but the batterycharges

Hi @Harrydata,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I read about your HP 15-d020dx Notebook and issues with starting up. Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Harrydata Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you, i tried that, but it did not work

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Harrydata,

Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Harrydata Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay. thanks. i will try that. i hope it works 

0 Kudos
Harrydata Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery led at the AC adpater port is on when i connet to power. when i press the power button, the power led lights comes on for about 5 seconds and goes off but nothing happens on the keyboard leds. and the computer still does not start and no fan noise. can you explain it for me please

thank you

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Harrydata,

You would need to take the Notebook to a repair center for testing the parts. Something is failing.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
Harrydata Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please, is there hp-recognized service center in Ghana, West Africa?. i will be glad and feel mush safer to send it to them

thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Harrydata,

Here is a link to help you locate a Repair Center. 

Phone
Call is currently unavailable. Please come back during the hours listed below
Hours of operation

Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Excluding public holidays)

Thanks,

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation