Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Jayjp121 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Hp Laptop freezes at the startup screen.. Help!

Sir,
I am facing the same problem, i did boot it says 'windows faild to start. A recent hardware or software change might be cause' .. There are two options 'lunch startup repair (recommended) and start windows normally. I went through both, in case of 1st one, first shows files are loading then a screen comes with something processing but nothing happening rather than that, in case of 2nd (start windows normally) a screen of 'starting windows' reamains constant. I also went throuh bios option and under diagnosis i did self diagnosis of hard disk, % is not incriesing rather after sometimes it shows 'hard disk 1 quick (303), what should i do now? product number: D7Z60PC#ACJ, model- HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC . Help me!

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
43872 3257 13564
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like the hard drive has failed and will need to be replaced. If you are still in warranty HP will send a replacement. If not a retail laptop SATA hard drive can be used. Just be sure to get one of at least equal capacity as the original in order to use Recovery Discs. It can be larger, but not smaller capacity.For instance if you have a 500GB hdd you could use a 750GB hdd but not a 320GB hdd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Jayjp121 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply. There are very important files in my lap . Would i lose all ? If not how can i recover those? Tell me if there any way to get my files back.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation