Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
bobby_99 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Hp stream notebook 14 won't start.

hp stream notebook 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
When I turn my laptop on, a white dash appears in the top left corner, then the Hp logo appears and my laptop goes black. this cycle continues to repeat itself until my battery dies. I've tried nearly everything, and every time i try to reset my Pc it tells me I cannot reset it. Please help. I need this laptop for school.
5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16854 1110 1800
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bobby_99,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't have a display on the screen anymore,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Please attempt the below steps:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook.

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and memory from F2

For more steps, click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
bobby_99 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How would I perform a hard reset. I've tried to reset it before, and it wouldn't let me. I believe a hard reset is different however.
0 Kudos
bobby_99 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New info. I performed a hard reset and when i turned the laptop on a message appeared as following. "Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3F0)" what should i do now.
0 Kudos
bobby_99 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New info. I performed a hard reset and when i turned the laptop on a message appeared as following. "Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3F0)" what should i do now.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16854 1110 1800
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bobby_99,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you are getting an error message Hard disk error 3F0, which seems to be a Hardware issue with the hard drive. I would suggest you run the extensive test on the Hard drive from F2, depending on the results, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation