Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

it seem u r laptop having a mother board problem just check it with hp service center technicians

HP Recommended

I am having issues with this laptop HP dv4 1222 NR....i turn on power button  i hear it trying to boot then a few seconds later it shut down...But original issue no screen display...But if i am lucky i will get a external diplay, does take many attempts to stay on.....I relpace the Lcd, cable, inverter, motherborad,. have perform the power recycle: remove memory and batrtery for static discharge and hold PB fwait 30 secs. to used another working memory to used another power cord....so what the {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} is wrong with this. This computer not mine is a friend  but is not paying me much but spending hours to figure this out....can it be the power button defective or may it be the lcd is defective....i also check the connection on mother board  and reseat the CPU, fan....I really need help here so i can go on with my life!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hpuser2020:  any luck with screen problem? I have also replace inverter and still same problem. LCD is working since I can see really dim images also external monitor works fine. Any solution? anyone?

HP Recommended

Same problem. It's been happening for the last few days and I've usually been able to get it started somehow, but yesterday it didn't. I tried the whole battery thing and it didn't work. The HP logo in the back lights up just fine, though.

Is there anything else someone can suggest? Unfortunately sending it off to be fixed isn't an option, at least not for the next two months.

HP Recommended

Oh, and it's probably not the motherboard; I had it replaced a few weeks ago.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem with my laptop too-HP ;just three months i brought this laptop-HP it developed this problem.my submission is that i will neva go for any HP product.none of my family will i recommend HP for.thanks.

HP Recommended

i have a hp laptop the screem wont come on i turn it off take the battery out then turn it on and sometime it will come on now it wont i was on it then the screen went black its running those no pic

HP Recommended

Hello roxans6.  

I want to repeat your issue to make sure I understand.  When you turn on the notebook it lights up and the fans spin.  However, nothing ever shows up on the screen.  Is this correct?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?  This is similar to what you mentioned about "removing the battery" but it needs to be done in specific steps.  Try the following.

1. Power down the notebook.
  2. Remove battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold power button for 15-20 seconds three times.
  4. Replace battery and AC power.
  5. Verify whether the issue is resolved or not and post the result.

I will await the results of this reset.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

hi there,

I got HP Notebook, I just left my notebook about half an hour and come back, the screen didnt come on, I tried taking battery out and in, pressing the power button, and when I turned it on lights came on and asked me whether windows to start on normal or safe mode, and chose normal then windows wouldn't start, it is all black screen and I can hear windows loading, but black screen, then I tried to put it on safe mode, and windows started on safe mode , but soon as I turned it to normal windows, wouldn't start, so Please let me what should I do, anything I can do, or I should take it to pc repair centers. 

HP Recommended

@bulldog43 wrote:

hi there,

I got HP Notebook, I just left my notebook about half an hour and come back, the screen didnt come on, I tried taking battery out and in, pressing the power button, and when I turned it on lights came on and asked me whether windows to start on normal or safe mode, and chose normal then windows wouldn't start, it is all black screen and I can hear windows loading, but black screen, then I tried to put it on safe mode, and windows started on safe mode , but soon as I turned it to normal windows, wouldn't start, so Please let me what should I do, anything I can do, or I should take it to pc repair centers. 

Hello bulldog43.  

So, you're able to boot into Windows when using Safe Mode but not normal mode?  To me this implies that the issue is software related.  The most likely cause is the video card driver.  To begin I would suggest trying to reinstall your video card's driver in Safe Mode.  

I will be happy to locate this software for you and type out some instructions.  I will need your product number for this.  Take a look at this document to see where to locate your product number.

I will keep an eye out for your reply.  I hope you have a great day! Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.