03-07-2017 11:51 PM
Please advise on my laptop issue. My laptop wasn't able to turn on even after connecting the AC adaptor or battery. And I've also noticed that the ethernet port LED indicator are blinking for about 3 seconds interval with an white and red in color. While the capslock led is not blinking or not responding.
03-08-2017 02:53 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Notebook - 15-ac169tx.
I understand that your notebook does not turn on and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.
Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,
Perform a hard reset.
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
- On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.
- If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.
- Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.
Follow the first procedure mentioned under LED lights blink but the computer does not start in the article.
If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,
Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".
Let me know how you make out.
I am an HP Employee