11-27-2019 07:13 AM
I tried updating the bios on my HP-15db0066wm laptop after the update is says "programming pei region" then the screen goes black. It has been like this since November 25th and I am unable to turn off my laptop because it has a non removable battery. Any help would be appreciated.
11-29-2019 12:42 PM
@0501two, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try a hard reset:
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
4) Plug-in the Adapter.
5) Try to turn on the computer.
If the PC powers ON and boots into windows, you may run a hardware test on the PC
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result on your next post.
If the issue persists, try recovering the BIOS
Refer to the steps mentioned in this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee