cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My USB ports do now power off in sleep or shutdown

HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My USB ports do not power off when my laptop is on sleep or turns off. I have already tried adjusting the USB HUB Power Management Properties and enabling USB suspend. Neither works. I contacted Windows and they told me it's an HP bios and chipset driver issue. How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,495 88,380 11,294 24,253
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MBVR46 

Normal machines should have 1 or 2 USB ports which support Sleep and Charge (some also charge when off). They allow you to charge your portable devices such as phones or tablets.

You can turn off using the following guide

https://www.top-password.com/blog/set-windows-to-power-on-off-usb-devices-in-sleep-mode/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for responding. I'm still not clear on the Selective Suspend settings. If I want my laptop to supply NO power at all to my USB ports, do I enable it or disable it? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation