Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 360 with a Ryzen 4000 series processor. The computer has an unfortunate tendency to turn off without warning. At first this seemed correlated with high processor speeds and high temperatures, for example playing a video game with high graphics settings. However, it will also sometimes happen when I am doing nothing more than watching a video online, with no applications open but a couple of web browser tabs. There is no indication that anything is wrong, then suddenly the screen goes dark. The keyboard may stay lit; but none of the buttons do anything and one must hold down the power key for a few seconds to force it to fully turn off, then reboot. When it reboots, all applications have been quit and any unsaved work has been lost. 

I have already followed all the instructions I have found on online forums to address this issue. I have confirmed that all drivers are up to date and performed hardware checks using the HP Support Assistant application. None of this helps; the problem persists, randomly. 

I have shipped this computer back to the manufacturer for repairs twice already (the first time was to address the trackpad, which did not work when the computer was new out of the box. The second time was to address the powering-off issue. The repair center replaced much of the computer's innards, to the extent of wiping out everything on the hard drive; but the problem persisted.). I am at this point extremely dissatisfied with my purchase and would like to discuss options for a refund if the problem cannot be conclusively remedied. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.