03-18-2011 08:22 AM
Last night I locked my laptop, closed it up, and put it in its case to head home from work. When I went to take it out of the case this morning, it was radiating heat through the case!! I took it out and the fan was on full blast, and it was as hot as I've ever felt it. The battery was almost dead, as a result of the fan having to be on all night. My question is, why didn't it just go to sleep?! I always do the same thing with it, and I have never seen it do that before. Is this a common recurrence? Should I change my laptop closing protocol, or is this just a fluke happenstance? Luckily every thing seems to be still working properly, but I worry that if this happens again, I may not be so lucky, and it may even cause a fire!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)