Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp G62-144DX can't boot when I press the power button

HP G62-144DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My hp G62-144DX can't boot when I try to start with the power button. No lights bling anywhere within the laptop. When I plus in the AC adapter to the charging port, it lights up the white led, then turns to orange as a sign that it's charging.

I tried to soft reset by removing the battery and unplugged other peripherals then long pressed the power button for about 30 seconds, plugged in the ac adapter then tried to boot my pc. All this never worked.

Sometimes back, the laptop had the same problemonce or twice, and it starts working after some while like a day or two. I never knew what exactly the problem was. This time round, it can't boot yet for three days now and I can't figure out what the problem is. I'm just trying to guess its a motherboard issue but I have no any assurance on this.
Please someone help me what might be the problem. I'll highly appreciate.
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
12987 12923 1689 4364
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Remove battery. Connect AC adapter to power. Power on.

Is it coming to life?

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Aleckie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried but still nothing happens. When I connect the ac adapter, only the led light is seen next to the ac port. Nothing else.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12987 12923 1689 4364
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try other AC power outlets. Can you try other compatible HP AC chargers?

I'm suspecting motherboard issue.

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation