Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp pavilion 15 p214dx wont turn on

Hi there @Natedawg69

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that the display on your HP Pavilion 15 p214dx Notebook PC will not turn on for you. 

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Can you hear the fan kick in at all?

If so, have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Did you receive any error messages?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

How long has this been happening for?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Did you do any Windows updates before this started?

If you manage to get the Notebook to come back on using the troubleshooting links in the questions above, please try:

Hardware TestHP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong. There are two system tests; Quick Test and an Extensive Test. The Quick Test checks the system for basic functionally of the main components. The Extensive Test is designed to comprehensively test the system components. 

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
alyssaru1z Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp pavilion 15 p214dx wont turn on

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation