Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi my hp pavilion dv6000 keeps restarting when I turn it on then the computer will shut down then it will turn on by it self after 3 seconds then will turn off and so on
I gave the notebook to Pc world and they could not fix it! I had this problem for about 3 years now and i had also heard that hp wanted all the dv6000 back but my warranty had expired ( that's what they said when I called them up) and now I hope someone out there can help me to fix this laptop because it got a lot of valuable memories on it and I hope i don't lose it because that's the only back up I got and I can't turn the laptop on and use it as I said before and when I turn my laptop on and quickly press ctrl alt del or f12 I dont know if it freezes or if it works because the screen is blank and is there anyway I can connect it to my computer monitor because then I can check it the screen come up on the computer
Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes you can connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV..This is how you can connect:

Connect the External Monitor to the laptop using VGA or HDMI. Then Press  FN+F4 to switch the display to the external display.

If you are unable to get it work then you can also follow the steps fro thee links..

Connecting a TV or Monitor to your Windows 7 PC using HDMI

Using Two or More Video Displays in Windows 7: c01938980

Regarding the continuos restart problem you can run all hardware diagnostics and check the results.

System Diagnostics (F2)

If it doesnt allow you to run the diags then try this:

As soon as you turn it ON start tapping F8 to get the Advanced Boot options screen. Once you are on that screen scroll down to " Disable Automatic Restart on system Failure" using up and down arrows and hit enter to disable it. Restart the computer and check if it is giving any type of Stop Errors..

disable-automatic-restart-system-failure-02.jpg

Let me know if there are any errors..

HP Recommended
Parves_tech

It doesn't work when I press f8 it still keeps restarting nothing happens I tried connecting to tv and that didn't work as swell someone please help me
HP Recommended

Were you able to run the hardware diagnostics?

If none of the steps mentioned in the previous post worked then try these:

First try performing a hard reset :

i) Shut the computer down and remove the battery and also the charger.Make sure no other devices are connected to the laptop

ii) Next Press and Hold the Power button for about 15 seconds.

iii) After that connect only the charger and try to tunr it ON and check.

If problem continues then it could be hardware related..You can try reseating the memory modules and then try to turn it ON with one memory at a time in each slot and check if it makes any difference.

Usually in these type of issues it is also recommended to reseat the hard drive and dvd drive (taking it out and putting it back in) along with the memory modules.

You can follow the instructions to remove the Memory modules from the links below:

Steps for Removing and Replacing the Memory Modules

Or,

HP Pavillion Dv6000 service guide [Instruction to replace the memory available under Removal and Replacement Procedures]

HP Recommended

hello sir. aclose friend have this hp pavilion dv6000 on windows xp and had this upgraded to windows 7.

since the upgrade it doesn't detect wifi connections and takes hours before it started up.i observed that once you press the power button the unit's leds(power,hard disk,volume,etc.) will lit up but blinks after a few seconds repeatedly.

i had tried updating it using windows and hp sites but the problem remains, i also tried repair by pressing f8 on start up but it doesn't work.

and worst, now it displays operating system not found.we don't have a backup 'coz she isn't that aware.

HP Recommended

I may be able to help you with your issue.  I also have a hp dv6000 and having the same issue.  Send me a reply as I may be able to help you out one way or another.

HP Recommended

hello.i have this problem since my unit is upgraded by a friend to windows 7.unfortunately this trouble had led to my hard disk to crash.it is not recognizable anymore.good thing is i had save my hard disk from my sony vaio it is what im using now in this hp.im still experiencing the same trouble.

HP Recommended

thanks a lot.i'll try this.even if this will not work i think you are still worth for a kudos star.

HP Recommended

one more thing i tried running memory diagnostic by pressing f2 on boot up but it says no ide detected.what should i do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.