Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion G6 no. QF716UA#ABC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
My HP laptop goes in hibernate mode automatically when I use specific software like video editing or photo editing or when I watch videos
It's configuration is RAM -6 GB processor Intel i3 and hard disk 500 GB
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Prayag12

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is going to hibernation when using specific software.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2nB4vkq

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Before 5 to 6 months it was working properly but after when I installed pemire pro ,FL studio , after effects and video then this problem get started....
HP Recommended

@Prayag12

Hi,

as @The_Fossette is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

It is quite possible that the software needs more power from the laptop to work. And at that point of time if the laptop is running only on the battery power then it may get into a hibernation mode, However, before we come to a final conclusion, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

• Did you run the Power troubleshooter as mentioned in the previous link?
  • You may update the BIOS on the laptop. Usually, the BIOS update fixes such issues. 

Hope this helps. Let me know what happens. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.