Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Windows failed to start after I system recovery with a disc which is not for HP .please help what can I do .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @alice885,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with booting. It will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Please provide the complete model# and product# of the computer to assist you correctly.
  • Did you run diagnostics on the computer to check if its hardware is fully functional?
  • Did you contact HP phone support in this regard?

Please furnish all these details for me to assist you correctly.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @alice885,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with booting. It will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Please provide the complete model# and product# of the computer to assist you correctly.
  • Did you run diagnostics on the computer to check if its hardware is fully functional?
  • Did you contact HP phone support in this regard?

Please furnish all these details for me to assist you correctly.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hp635 I never contacted HP support for help and I also diagonised the hardware
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.