Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I turned on the laptop and the hp logo came up and the laptop couldn't boot so i pushed the power button and turned off the laptop and now i i can't turn on the laptop. I removed the battery but that didn't help. When i removed it and plugged the charger the light is white. When the battery isn't removed and i remove the charger the light is orange/red. How to fix? Please, it's urgent!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Flower124,

Do you see any blinking lights on the caps lock or num lock key on the PC?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

First, try checking with a replacement adapter and check if you are able to power on the laptop.

It certainly sounds like a hardware issue with the laptop. However, please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Check if the pin inside the DC (Charging) port is bent or broken.

Please try the steps recommended below.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a removable battery, use the following steps:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
Your laptop has been reset. After a power reset, it is a good idea to run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. 

Also, refer this article to know more information about no power issues with the laptop. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is certainly a hardware issue with the laptop.

Please contact HP support for service options. Click Here

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.