Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15.6'' LAPTOP dy0004AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop does not restart, only the windows 10 logo shows on the screen. But it shuts down properly and when power switch is pressed it boots properly. I had reinstalled the windows 10 and device drivers few months back, after I have changed the HDD to SSD. I don't know whether the problem has been created due to that. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @SD_18

Try updating the windows to the latest version.

Try the steps recommended below.

Type Control Panel in the search box.
Click Control Panel.
Click Power Options.
Click Choose what the power buttons do.
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
Click Save changes.

Also, try updating BIOS to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

You can update other drivers on the PC to the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on the laptop are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.