cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Forward2022
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My laptop failed system quick test. It says HD Short DST failed. How to fix this? Thx.

HP Recommended
HP 15-ay041wm

I dont know name of laptop ie., Pavilion. It has Intel Core i3-6100U Processor

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,428 91,090 20,988 28,081
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook generated a 24 character short DST failure code, you will need to replace the hard drive, and reinstall the operating system.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

You may want to consider replacing the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a better performing, normally more reliable 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

After you replace the drive you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation