Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick-95 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop freezes three times since i boughtit in the 2nd week of May'19.

Hp Laptop 15-db0186AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Hp laptop(15-db0186AU) is not performing as expected,Windows stops responding to mouse and keyboard input
Nothing moves on the display. Its freezes three times since buying(bought it on the 2nd week of may). The keyboard , mouse and synaptic touchpad is not responding at that moment, so I have to shut down forcefully in the middle of work.

how to solve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,339 14,022
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you run any diagnostics? Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F2 System Diagnostics is an option. Tap F2 key and run the tests.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Highlighted
Rick-95 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I have run Hp PC Diagnostics tool several times which access the system and component test of hardware in my laptop and the test results are conveinient,it shows "all tests passed" but I think it mostly checked the hard drive but not the ram and the problem still persists. Recently I upgraded my ram DDR4 of 4GB MEMORY with 2400Mhz but one is of Samsung and the other is of "Micron Tech". Is this the source of this problem?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When issues occur after adding/replacing hardware that is always the first place to start with troubleshooting. Since memory is the only change made and the freezing started (I assume) after adding it I would remove it and run for a few days to see if the problem is still present.

0 Kudos
Rick-95 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot remove it on my own. Secondly I have to do heavy works(architectural works) in my laptop that is why I have extended my ram. I want a permanent solution instead of removing and adding the extra piece of hardware again and again.So please provide a permanent solution to get rid off this problem.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have a 1 year warranty with HP. Contact them to do the troubleshooting for you if you can't remove the memory. If you have HP Support Assistant installed open it and look at top for Support tab.It will give you the options for contact.

Or start here,choose your country/region:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

0 Kudos
Sam_Tyagi Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is the slow HDD. Most of the time the slow 5400 rpm HDD bottlenecks the whole system. I would suggest you get an m2 SSD.  Also for heavy works, please get at least 16gbs of ram(i personally do some heavy data analysis on this machine and I can safely say that all this machine needs is at least 16gb of ram + an m2 ssd(if your budget allows)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation