Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-bc410nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with my laptop. When I press the power button, it lights up, I can hear the fan for one second, than nothing happens. Nothing appear on the screen, not even the hp logo. The screen is black. Also, it's not that normal black, because when I force it to shutdown, I can see the screen changing its black a little. What can you suggest me to do? I've just installed windows 10 on it, but I don't think it's relevant. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try turning off the PC by holding the power button. Turn on the PC and continuously keep pressing ESC and see if the startup menu appears.

Try performing a power reset on the notebook:

Power Reset your Laptop​

You installed Windows 10 after performing any upgrades?

Try connecting the notebook to an external monitor/TV and see if there is an image.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

No, it didn't worked. I tried connecting it to another display, but still doesn't work. Also the power reset was useless. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.