103382Ad Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop is stuck

Hp stream 11
Okay so, I wanted to clean my laptop completely so I reset it and now after a certain amount of it loading it says it had trouble resetting and than it takes me to the hard reset screen and it won't let me log on to my laptop anymore, and when I turn my laptop off and turn it back on the blue HP sign keeps popping up and leaving and doing the same thing again but won't take me to my login screen.... I need help.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 303
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop is stuck

There have been many of these type of boot problems posted for the Stream laptops, below are some possible solutions. 

If you cannot restore from the recovery partition by pressing F11 while powering up, you can restore from a recovery USB by booting it.  If you did not create the recovery USB, it can be ordered from HP. 

If you have Windows 10 installed, you can also download the install image from Microsoft and do a fresh install.  The drivers would need to be reinstalled from the hp.com site and all your personal files would be lost of course. 

If you want to attempt to fix the existing Master Boot Record, you can boot from a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 install USB and run Troubleshoot => Advanced Options and run the BootRec.exe utility from the command prompt like below: 

bootrec /fixMBR
bootrec /Fixboot
bootrec /rebuildBCD

I have not done this myself so the commands above may not be complete.  There are many pages describing this, here are two: repair-master-boot-record-mbr-windows and windows_8-update/windows-8-is-stuck-in-an-automatic-repair-loop

Please let us know whatever procedure works for you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation