Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-bw000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had left my laptop asleep for around 8 hours, and then removed the battery and RAM, forgetting that it was asleep. When I replaced the RAM and battery, it turned on with the power light and the fan spinning up and running really fast like its overheating. The caps lock light was flashing, and had completed the steps on how to sort it but it still didnt work. When I tried powering it on for a second time, it didnt have the flashing caps lock light, the screen was still black but the USB mouse was on, but occasionally turning off for a second and then back on again. I tried the power reset as well to no avail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It turns out I needed to put the RAM in deep enough and also make sure it's in the correct slot, or in the original slot

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It turns out I needed to put the RAM in deep enough and also make sure it's in the correct slot, or in the original slot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.