Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D118AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I bought a brand new HP laptop this year on the 18th February. When I first bought it, the laptop seemed to be working fine initially but then out of nowhere it started crashing randomly within the first few days of use. At first, I ignored this problem as it was only a minor inconvenience; tuld ohe laptop wonly crash/freeze for around a minute. However now the frequency with which the laptop crashes is now increasing. Also at times, the speed of the laptop feels a little sluggish especially when I have a few tabs open on the internet and 1 or 2 word documents open alongside. This is not what I expect from a laptop that's brand new. To try and solve the issue of my latop locking up and performing slowly I have followed the the advice from the 'virtual agent' section on your website. In particular I have:

-Run a Hardware Diagnostics System Test

-Updated drivers and software with Windows Update (Windows 10)

-Scanned the computer for viruses and malware

-Cleaned the fan vents on the computer to improve air flow into the computer

After attempting the above my laptop is till crashing and performing sluggishly at times especially when I'm multitasking between surfing the internet and using microsoft word. What else can I do to try and solve the issues I am facing or is my laptop simply faulty/defective?

Thanks in advance for any advice & help given.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.