Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion al115na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When it turns on it stays on a black screen then turns off..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Reyanshrattu123, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the computer does not boot into Windows anymore. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue. 

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

When you try to turn it on, do you hear the fan running? Or do you get any beeping noises/blinking lights?

Did this happen after a power surge or power outage?

Have you tried to connect this notebook to an external monitor?

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the Notebook:

Step 1: Performing a hard reset: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Step 2: Connecting an external monitor to test the display

The notebook screen display might remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver or a problem with the LCD display backlight. To test the display, attach an external monitor and restart the computer. Testing with an external display is helpful if the notebook display is black but you can hear sounds; such as fans, spinning drives, or beep tones that indicate the computer is operating.

Step 3: Attempt a Bios Recovery (Skip this step if you have already tried it).

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run a System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If all test pass turns off the computer.

As you turn it back on tap the F10 key. This will load BIOS setup utility.
Press F9 to load defaults.
Press F10 to save and exit.

For more assistance, please follow all the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo... 

HP PCs - Black or blank screen with blinking cursor after entering Windows password

For additional information, please follow this link: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.