Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 15-dw0166nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I close the lid of the laptop, the laptop reboots after a short period of time. This is annoying because of the battery being depleted when I want to use it again, and it also makes noise if you're trying to sleep. Any solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Ihaveaquestion3,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Firstly try this:

1. Press the Windows Key to open the Start Menu and type Change what closing the lid does
  2. Hit Enter
  3. Select Change settings that are currently unavailable
  4. Under the When I close the lid option, select Sleep or Do nothing
  5. Restart the laptop and test the lid close action

If that doesn't work, please update Windows through Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Then, install the following:

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110872.exe

You can also check for any driver updates using HP Support Assistant. In case you don't already have it, here is the download page for HP Support Assistant. You can find information on how to update your computer using the HP Document here and expanding Update the computer.

Kind regards,

Edward

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

It is already in sleep. That's what I want it to do anyway. Do nothing is not an option since this won't help the problem of my battery being depleted. Should I just continue by updating windows?

HP Recommended

Yes, please try the other solutions.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.